Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Yoga with a Belly...

As this pregnancy continues (31 weeks now!), I find myself getting larger...and larger...and, weighing in after my two Christmas dinners, I'm up to 24 pounds, holy moly. So I decided an hour of intense prenatal yoga would do the body some good.

Now yoga is very safe, but just like anything during these 9 months, consult a doctor to see if it's okay for you. Yoga can do wonders for your body, it can help:


  • Relieve Edema (fluid retention) and cramping
  • Reduce nausea, morning sickness, and those mood swings we hear about..
  • Relieve tension around the cervix and birth canal
  • Focus on opening the pelvis to make labor easier and quicker


I ventured out to world wide web today, haha, to try out some new yoga videos, besides my dvds that Gus got me. I have to say, most of them were EXTREMELY cheesy, very old school with the music that makes me want to laugh instead of breathing in and out deeply. But then, I tried checking out Hulu. I have a Hulu subscription because I refuse to pay 120/month for the few shows that I do watch...besides, Gossip Girl is done for forever, and The Walking Dead isn't even back on for another couple of months!

If you have cable, try out Hulu Plus. I put it on my Roku, and my Playstation3, and they have all kinds of yoga classes on there! Here's a link to the ones I did today, Yoga Zone and Gaiam Yoga. Now, it's no live class, where you can feel the positive energy in the air, but just make your own. And with the calm of this thunderstorm outside the windows, Oliver and I had a peaceful mind and body stretching this morning that hopefully helped lose some of the calories I ingested yesterday :/

Next, I'm going to try some meditiation...but for now, Happy Stretching!

No comments:

Post a Comment