But just because we're traveling, doesn't mean we can't eat healthy! Well, semi-healthy. Gus has been craving Chicken Marsala, and my father's favorite food is Pork chops, so we combined the two, and used Gus's memory. It was delicious, and fresh tasting...soo good. I'm going to go ahead and apologize for the photos, we've been on the road, my camera was dead, so I was using my sister's Iphone..and that's all I have to say about that, ha!
Marsala Pork ChopsIngredients:
4 pork chops
2tbsp minced garlic
2c Marsala Wine
Fresh chopped parsley, for decoration (and to add a fresh taste to your food)
1. Heat oven to 350degrees F. In a bowl, combine your flour, salt, pepper, and paprika and mix well. Dip pork chops into milk, then straight into flour mixture, and set aside.
2. Slice mushrooms into thin pieces, as well as shallots.
3. Slice butter into 1/2tbsp pieces, and heat up in pan on the stove. Pan should be hot, we're going to pan sear the pork chops. **You might want to turn on a fan, it could get a little smokey!** Pan sear each piece of floured pork, adding more butter as necessary, so as not to let pork stick to bottom of pan. Set aside all pork into a baking dish.
4. Heat 2 more tablespoons of butter in pan, and saute garlic and shallots until fragrant, then add in mushrooms, and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly. Add marsala wine, and let the mixture simmer for about five minutes.
5. Pour wine sauce mixture over pork chops, and then bake in oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your pork chops. Pork should be 165degrees Fahrenheit, don't let it overcook! Pork can get dry pretty fast.
6. Take out of the oven and serve immediately, with fresh parsley on top :)
Everyone loved this recipe, even my 9 year old little brother. You can't go wrong with a mixture of smothered pork chops, chicken marsala, and having a fresh, healthy dinner!