Now, I used to have a recipe memorized, but because of my prego brain, all I could remember was flour, sugar, butter...a good start, but not enough to make an amazing cookie. So I googled, and googled some more, and found three different recipes that had great reviews...then combined them, and tweaked them a little, and ended up with this crazy delicious, soft and chewy Snickerdoodle: (Excuse the picture, I had a split second to take an iphone snapshot while running out the door to work this morning)
Makes about 24 Cookies
1 1/3C flour
1tsp lemon juice
1/2tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
Sugar and Cinnamon (to roll the cookies)
1. Preheat the oven to 400degrees F.
2. Cream the butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add in the vanilla, lemon juice, and the egg, and mix until fully combined.
3. In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Cookie dough will be moist, DO NOT add more flour, it'll be okay ;)
4. Have a separate bowl with sugar and cinnamon ready, and roll small pieces (or big pieces, whatever size you'd like) into balls, and roll into cinnamon sugar concoction. Place cookies on well greased/parchment lined pan at least 1 inch apart. Press down lightly on cookies with fingers or a flat cup to flatten the cookies slightly.
5. Bake for about 7-8 minutes, till edges start to get hard, then remove from oven. Cookies will continue to cook on pan, then after five minutes, remove onto a cookie rack.
These cookies turned out so chewy and delicious, I couldn't help myself and had two with a cup of hot cocoa. Enjoy!