Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cinnamon Roll Puffs

I was craving something light and sweet this afternoon, and thankfully today I'm working from home...so I decided to take a little break and rummage through the fridge. Unfortunately, my fridge is pretty much full of dairy products, leftovers and vegetables (no lie, 2 gallons of milk, sour cream, yogurt, eggs, a drawer full of vegetables, and leftover lasagna... I think it's time to go grocery shopping).

But lo and behold, I found a can of biscuits hiding in my door, and it hadn't expired yet, so my brain got to turning...and I came up with these delicacies. While they may not be the exact definition of healthy, you have to give in to your cravings every once in a while, right?!


Cinnamon Roll Puffs



Ingredients:

1 can of biscuits (I used the regular small can with 10 biscuits)
Sugar
Cinnamon
3tbsp butter, melted.


Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 450degrees F.
2. Using your fingers or a rolling pin, flatten each of the biscuits out into a small circle.
3. In the middle of the biscuit, brush melted butter onto biscuits. Then sprinkle sugar and cinnamon in the middle.
4. Fold the biscuit edges up and pinch in the middle to make a little puff, then flip it over to see only the smooth side. 
5. Place on a greased pan, and sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on top. Bake for 6-8 minutes, or until top is golden brown.


These were so good, and the dough reminded me of pretzels..next time, i'm going to just sprinkle some kosher salt on top and forego the sweets!



No comments:

Post a Comment