My favorite thing they had was this ceviche appetizer. It had shrimp, avocado, lemon juice, and more. SOOOO delicious. So i decided to recreate it..check it out!
It's pretty simple to make, and can be used as a great appetizer or even dinner with some couscous on the side.
- 1 pound of shrimp, deveined without tail
- 2 lemons
- 2 limes
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- Chopped fresh cilantro and basil
- A drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
1. Chop up the avocado and tomatoes into bite size pieces. Leave shrimp whole, or if using as a dip with chips or as a bruschetta, chop shrimp into small pieces as well.
2. Roll lemon and lime along counter to make it extra juicy, then chop in half and squeeze the juice over the mixture.
3. Add in the fresh cilantro and basil, and a drizzle of the olive oil. Season with some sea salt and pepper. Serve on it's own, with chips, or bread.
Try this out next time you have friends or family over, it'll be a hit!