Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Back to Blogging...and Down Weight!

Things have been crazy in my life since the end of the last semester. It's definitely been a journey this past month, and I have some excellent news to share soon!
But throughout my insane schedule (which of course mostly involved school and social life, and the occasional DIY nights), I've managed to keep up with my weight loss. I'm happy to say, that I've lost a total of 19 pounds...the right way! 
And it's all thanks to exercising at least three times a week with some light weight training, and eating under 1200 calories a day. Which might seem extremely hard, but it wasn't too bad at all.


My biggest tip for keeping under 1200 calories a day, was to snack a LOT. I know...sounds weird right? But whenever I was hungry, I would constantly keep something around to munch on till I got full. Here's some excellent yummy snack foods to try out:


1. Tomatoes: You can cut up an entire tomato and snack on it with some light salt and pepper...i think it's so good! And only 22 calories for one medium sized tomato!


2. Cantaloupe: This has been my FAVORITE snack. It cures that sweet tooth, and fills you up so fast! The great thing is...one cup of cubed cantaloupe is only 54 calories.


3. Pretzel Sticks: I buy the Rold Gold Pretzel sticks, and I'll munch on those during snack time. This helps out the salty cravings, and 53 pretzels is only 100 calories.


4. Pistachios: These were a once in a while snack, mostly because about 45 nuts has 160 calories, and it doesn't make you full fast...but they taste oh so yummy. It's also a great source of fiber.








My thing is, when I have these snacks, I set aside portions to bring to work with me, not the entire bag and then just eat from that. That's where I always go wrong, and by the time I've noticed, I've eaten almost an entire bag of pistachios or half the bag of pretzels. Combine this snacking with carbs eaten earlier in the day and good sources of protein and fruits and veggies, and you'll see the pounds come off easily :)



No comments:

Post a Comment