It really was pretty simple, and EVERYONE loved it. Please try it out, and let me know if you have any thoughts to changing it up a little bit.
5 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 8oz package of light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
1 cup of fresh spinach leaves
1 6oz jar of Artichoke Hearts
Fresh minced garlic
Panko Bread Crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. Pound out grilled chicken till flat and spread thin, then set aside
3. Heat cream cheese in microwave for 45 seconds, allowing it to warm and become soft and easy to mix.
4. Chop artichoke hearts, then add artichokes and garlic to cream cheese and mix well.
5. Here you can switch it up. My chicken wasn't very large, so I chopped my spinach in to thirds and mixed it in with the cream cheese. Or you can just layer it in the chicken before adding cream cheese, to leave the leaves whole.
6. Place a scoop of spinach and cream cheese mixture at the top of the thinned out chicken, and then roll up, stuffing the cream cheese in the middle in case it starts to spill out of the sides (DON'T BE AFRAID TO GET YOUR HANDS A LITTLE MESSY...JUST MAKE SURE THEY'RE WASHED!)
7. After chicken is rolled up, place a toothpick through it to keep the chicken together and rolled up.
8. Roll chicken in the panko bread crumbs. It should stick to the sides lightly because of the wet chicken, without the need for an egg base. If you're chicken has dried and the panko is not sticking to the chicken as well, dip into a beaten egg mixture before dipping in panko.
8. Bake chicken on oiled pan in oven for about 35 minutes, then serve.
This is an extremely light and flavorful meal...you might want to double it, your family WILL want more!