Monday, January 7, 2013

Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Brussel Sprouts

This weekend was a CRAAZZZYY weekend for Gus and me, between family, our "winter cleaning", and finishing up baby Ollie's room. Last night, he took me to the movies to watch the Hobbit (I have to admit, despite all of my protesting, it wasn't THAT bad), and by the time we got home from the never-ending movie, it was already 9, so I whipped up something real fast for us. And lo and behold, I tried out this recipe I found last week from this lady's paleo website, Jen's Gone Paleo. It was quite easy, and delicious!


Sausage, Butternut Squash, and Brussel Sprouts

Ingredients

1 container of Pork Sausage (I used the Jimmy Dean in the roll sausage)
1 medium butternut squash
10oz Brussel Sprouts

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 375degrees F.
2. In a medium pan on medium heat, cook the sausage until browned (Doesn't need to be fully cooked, as it will cook in the oven). Drain and set aside.
3. Peel, de-seed, and chop the butternut squash into bite sized cubes.
4. Mix the butternut squash, brussel sprouts, and sausage onto one large baking pan, then cook for about an hour, or until the veggies are fully cooked.

Afterwards, I sprinkled some salt, pepper, and italian seasoning on it. And of course, Gus sprinkled cheese, because "No meal is complete without cheese"! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment