Thursday, March 14, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

So I haven't posted in over a month...and this is why :))



This is Oliver, the new love of my life. But having this beautiful new addition to our lives leaves little time for anything else...and leaves me extremely tired!!

Ever since he was born, my cravings for foods have been slightly odd. In the hospital, I wouldn't even eat any room service. Instead, I ate the free graham crackers they offered, day and night. Lately, I've had a craving for chocolate and peanut butter. I'm not a fan of chocolate candies, but thoughts of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups have been floating in my head for days, and I knew I had to do something about it before I sank my teeth into one of those 210 calorie, articifical preservative laden, delicious treats....so I made my own!

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups
makes 6 peanut butter cups




Ingredients:
2c. dark chocolate
4tbsp. milk
1.5tbsp. peanut butter
1tsp. honey
1 crushed graham cracker


Directions:

1. Place chocolate chips and milk into a microwave safe bowl, and heat for 30 seconds, stirring after the first 15seconds. Chocolate may not be melted all the way, but stir continuously, and it will melt perfectly.

2. Pour a thin layer of chocolate into muffin/cupcake tins in a cupcake or muffin pan. Refrigerate to let the chocolate harden.

3. While chocolate cools, mix peanut butter, graham cracker and honey together. Spoon peanut butter on top of chocolate, and spread. Add the rest of the chocolate on top of the peanut butter (you may need to melt chocolate for another 15 seconds). Let cool for at least 10-15 minutes, then serve.


I used dark chocolate because it's much better for you than milk chocolate. These are amazing though, not super sweet, but enough to fill that chocolate craving. Enjoy :))

No comments:

Post a Comment